can't download

Jose PerezJose Perez Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Or some odd reason my phone can'tdownload anything including ringtones images off the web however I can download apps from the Google play store. I am using home WiFi.

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,386 admin
    @Jose Perez‌ Hey Jose, have you updated our latest version of our messenger app through the Google Play store, if so then also try this:

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap settings, then scroll down to system updates
    3. Select update profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    4. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select update PRL instead of update profile

You should be able to use our service without any issues now! You can also make sure your FreedomPop apps are up to date by checking in the Google Play store (make sure you are logged in/ synced with your Google account).
  • Jose PerezJose Perez Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

@Jose Perez‌ Hey Jose, have you updated our latest version of our messenger app through the Google Play store, if so then also try this:

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap settings, then scroll down to system updates
    3. Select update profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    4. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select update PRL instead of update profile

You should be able to use our service without any issues now! You can also make sure your FreedomPop apps are up to date by checking in the Google Play store (make sure you are logged in/ synced with your Google account).

Thanks for the reply but it does not seem to solve my issue. I will try to update all my apps now.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Jose Perez‌ try using @ in front of the name of the person you want to reach, its a tag of sort that gets their attention right @Jorge M ‌ ?
  • Jose PerezJose Perez Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Nothing works!! Help if you can please.
  • glorkglork Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jose Perez, I had the same problem you are having. But since your last post was in August you may have already found a solution. I came across this answer in another forum post:
    K_Ber said:

@Jessica Underwood‌ Hi Kika, you are not alone in this problem. There have been a few users who have had issues downloading from the Amazon app store. However, we have found that this usually fixes the problem - download "Folder Mount[Root]" app and install it - Then just hit Ok when you open it when it reports that there's an some issue with folder structure. It should fix your problem.

PS, your appendix was stolen?!?!? :(

After downloading this app I have not run into any problems with downloading content from within apps.
  • skylineskyline Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    I just received my Galaxy S3 three days ago and had to spend a great deal of time researching and then fixing a few things.

Although refurbished, the phone was a flawless, unlocked and with a FreedomPop ROM, KitKat 4.4.2

Do not do the update. Turn off 'Show Notifications' in the Google Play Services app in Application Manager.

However, it appears the bootloader is locked and the internal and external SD cards are not writeable by third party applications, e.g. you cannot download files from Dropbox, third-party applications crash or freeze when trying to access the system's internal storage.

The problem is with the permissions.

Also, the camera needs to be tweaked by editing the file: /system/csc/feature.xml

Look for the line:

false

Change the "false" to "true" to eliminate "Unable to Take Pictures When on Call" errors.

TWO THINGS:

EXTERNAL SD CARD FIX:

Download, install, and run the 'SD KitKat Fixer' app or the 'SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD' app from the Playstore.

INTERNAL STORAGE:

1. You will need root

2. You will need terminal emulator on your phone

3. You will need some reading skills and glasses if your eyes are
    weak.

Steps-

1. Open terminal emulator

2. Type "su"

Your screen should look like this

Quote:
    su

Now press enter