What happened to "100% Free Internet"?

When I ordered my phone an offer popped up for a mifi hotspot 4082 and I figured great, it has 3G so after WiMAX goes away I'll still have Internet access for my devices. So I signed up for it, thinking that after the free trial is over, I could just downgrade to the free plan. It came quickly and I activated it today to discover that there is no free plan. The lowest plan is $3.99 for 500mb of data which by the end of the year will be 3G only--not 4g. If Freedompop is abandoning, the freemium model that they are known for, then that should be made clear before the device is purchased.

Are all the free levels going away? Does anyone know? Freedompop is still using "the Internet is a right not a privilege" motto so I am kinda confused. Can anyone clear this up?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Idontknow Freedompop still offer 500mbs free on the hotspots it is 500mbs 4g free....3g you have to pay for the pro plan. That is 500mbs for 3.99 and it is 4g/3g

So if you can get 4g access you can have the 500mbs free

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    There is free service available on both 4G LTE and WiMAX.

From what I've heard, FreedomPop needs to pay more for 3G so they need to charge the customers. This might have been explained in a blog post when they announced 3G availability.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll change the $3.99 to $0 between summer and November 6. Even better, I'd like to see the $50 upgrade credit improved to a $50 coupon code good at all FP sellers (newegg, Groupon, etc.)
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    3G will definitely become free as I can confirm with a MiFi 4082 for WiMAX and 3G devices. The free plan will definitely not go away :)

If you're having trouble downgrading just go to tinyurl.com/downgrademyfp :)
  • IdontknowIdontknow Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Ali, the tinyurl link worked. Since there are multiple devices on the account, I have accidentally downgraded my phone order. I don't know because the duplicate phone order that customer service cancelled is still showing up on my account. I think the one I accidentally downgraded is the one that was cancelled. If so, then I guess all is well. Thanks again Ali. I guess I'll stick with Freedompop for now--I was going to switch to Karma.