**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Best way to downgrade monthly service

Robert FunderburkRobert Funderburk Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
During Dec. I had to increase my data plan due to online shopping causing me to use to much data. I now want to downgrade my service back to what it was prior to the upgrade. What is the best way, do I just do it during my monthly billing cycle or should I wait until the last day and then downgrade. Also if I downgrade during my billing cycle will my credit card be charged even though I am decreasing my service or do I have to contact customer service to have it done so I will be billed correctly?
Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robert Funderburk The best way is clicking here! Good luck :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robert Funderburk
    most people like to downgrade 2 days before the end of the month/billing cycle--gives them time to make sure there is no overages or anything going wrong with the downgrade.

It is rumored, that if you downgrade, your account is prorated...I have not tested this theory. (if anybody reading has attempted this, please respond)

If you need help downgrading, feel free to @sign me here and I can walk you threw it..It pretty simple as long as you make sure to include the service...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @Robert Funderburk Hello Robert, if the above suggestions do not workout then I will be glad to help you downgrade. Please confirm that the device on your account is the FreedomStick 250U. :)
  • Robert FunderburkRobert Funderburk Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali, I clicked on the link you provided and it did downgrade my service but it downgraded it to the free 500, I was wanting to downgrade from the 4GB to the 2GB monthly service. If I upgrade to the 2GB service now during my billing cycle will my credit card be billed again even though I am currently on the 4GB plan during this billing cycle which has not ended which as you know I have already paid for in advance. Should I just wait until the end of my billing cycle and then upgrade my service to the 2GB so I will not risk being billed twice.
    To Jorge my device on this account is a Freedom Spot Overdrive Pro, the Freedomstick is on my other account. I have two accounts because my desktop is not wireless and I do not use it that much. If you need any other info just let me know.
    Thanks in advance for all of your help!
    Robert
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @Robert Funderburk Hey Rob, please feel free to PM me when towards the end of your current cycle since like you said you have already paid for :)