How Do I return My LG Viper? Poor Reception, Terrible Battery Life

Carl FalconeCarl Falcone Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
I received my LG Viper last Thursday, so this is my 5th day with it and even with the free service it just isn't worth it. Coverage is not good even in areas that the map says it should be. The battery only lasts 6-8 hours and that is largely in standby mode. (I have used no data and only 24 min. of talk over the 5 days). How do I return and can I get my activation fee refunded? Is there an email for support?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carl Falcone Please call customer retentions over at (888) 673-8518. Just let them know you need a RMA or refund and they'll help you out :)
  • Sand  Sand Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
    Well i saw on numerous sources you gotta disable background data and any unnecessary running apps to expand the battery life and its fairly easy to do ... by default the phone be running like 10 apps and etc which drains the life "from what i read" .... my lg viper will arrive soon and hopefully once i adjust settings ... (disable a few things) i will like it and the battery life as well regardless of the bad reviews because 29.99 is all i could afford if i had $200 for a Samsung S3 i would have surely gotten it according to my budget i'm willing to try and make a way out of no way with the viper until my finances increase in the future one day (hopefully).
  • Carl FalconeCarl Falcone Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Sandria H.,
    I tried that, disabled WiFi, 4G, Bluetooth, etc. I even downloaded an app from Google Play that was supposed to extend the battery life. I hope you have more luck than me. Its a nice phone though and for a Class B refurb. it was in great condition.
  • SEAN OGORMANSEAN OGORMAN Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    Replace the battery. Batteries cycle out quickly and I got significantly better life from the aftermarket 1800-1900 mah batteries I bought for cheap on Amazon. It comes with the territory when buying a used or refurb phone.
    Thanks Sean, I considered that but many reviews online said that swapping out a new battery didn't help with the Viper. I assume you had better results? The Current battery is 1650-1700 mah. I see you used a slightly larger one. Can I ask you what sort of a charge you can hold when the phone is idle? Today I unplugged my phone from the charger (full charge) at 8:30 and by 3:00 it was dead. I never used it for anything. I am a light cell phone user and would be ok with just getting the day out of it, but right now I get just a few hours.
    Oh nooooooo if i have that same experience I'd have to call freedompop 1 800 number and demand a replacement i cant put up with that ... full at 8 30 dead by 3 :astonished:
    and once i demand for a replacement I'm for sure gonna ask for a 100% different phone model
  • SEAN OGORMANSEAN OGORMAN Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie

Thanks Sean, I considered that but many reviews online said that swapping out a new battery didn't help with the Viper. I assume you had better results? The Current battery is 1650-1700 mah. I see you used a slightly larger one. Can I ask you what sort of a charge you can hold when the phone is idle? Today I unplugged my phone from the charger (full charge) at 8:30 and by 3:00 it was dead. I never used it for anything. I am a light cell phone user and would be ok with just getting the day out of it, but right now I get just a few hours.

At absolute idle, on 3G, it'll lose a percent per hour. I've only ever really experienced this when I leave the phone off the charger overnight, or the day I was sick with food poisoning.

My big battery killer is leaving it unplugged while streaming Bluetooth audio on my way to and from work. If I skip that, turn off LTE, and turn off auto brightness and vibration, I can get through 18 hours with "normal" usage. Normal usage=basically just checking email and the handful of Hangouts messages I get over the course of the day.
    Thanks Sean, that would be a huge improvement over what I have now. I will give the battery a try.
  • ZHIJIA XUEZHIJIA XUE Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I received phone 2 days ago. Today finally get this phone active. Fully charge at 8:30, right now id 16:40 with 15% battery life left.
    I use CDMA for network and disable bluetooth, NFC.
    Downloaded 247MB data from WIFI and make phone call under 3G network for about 10minuets. Download and update couple apps..
    With normal usage, I consumed 70% of battery under 4 hours. But just leave phone standby, 5% per hour..
    I think this is acceptable for now. Backup battery pack will be helpful for sure.
    that sounds unacceptable for me.... only 4 hours? i wanna wake up 8 A.M and my phone is still charged by at least 12 A.M that night before i go to bed ... my viper will arrive tomorrow it better have some sort of magical battery life... otherwise FP can prepare to have a power conversation with me :) via my landline about giving me a better phone :+1:
  • D BlackhurstD Blackhurst Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Bad battery life, awful sound quality, and the hotspot function "works" intermittently, most of the time it DOESN'T work, turning on and then off with an error saying call my provider (good luck with that....). Support is a joke so far, telling me their devices don't have hotspot functions (gee, then why did I put the $3.99 option on my "service"??). I made the mistake of ordering a couple of the Vipers on special... fortunately didn't port my numbers over, FP is really "not ready for prime time", IMO....