No 4G access in Ambridge, PA

ceethepainceethepain Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I live in Ambridge PA 15001.
I received my Freedom Hub Burst Router/Modem yesterday.
Even thought you show 4G access in Ambridge, my router/modem can not connect.
Is my router/modem compatible with your service in Ambridge?

Best Answer

Answers

• Carl FalconeCarl Falcone Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Try this map it was send to me by njfulwider5 a FP pro. Make sure you use your exact address and not just your zip code. Sprint shows 4G in my area but this map will show you how good the coverage is. If its just "Fair" on the map you will likely only get a 4G signal outdoors. Hope it helps.

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp
  • Carl FalconeCarl Falcone Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    You can also try moving the device near a window to improve signal quality. This works with my phone
  • ceethepainceethepain Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    If Freedompop knew the router/modem was not compatible with my location, why would they allow me to purchase it with my plan. This smells like a ****!!!
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ceethepain Unfortunately as the Hub Burst is a WiMAX and not LTE device you won't be able to use it. As this was specifically mentioned in the specs, FreedomPop assumed that you understood it was a WiMAX device and not LTE. Since you just received this you're able to get an RMA done and send your unit back for a full refund. Then you can get an LTE device like the MiFi 500 LTE or the 803S.
  • S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @ceethepain I have purchased a device like this in the past for use while on vacation. I don't have Wimax in my area, but the area I would vacation in did and it was a much better deal for me than paying for hotel wifi.

That's why you're allowed to buy any device you want.

I really wish that Sprint named Wimax 3.5G instead of 4G since it would have made it much less confusing.

It's a completely understandable mistake.
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.