FreedomPop's Android Messaging Phone/SIM Update (24.00.1388.0302) (Updated 03/02/2019)

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys-another update--Freedompop just released a update to this phone-and it is using Linphone now...I've been testing this app for almost 1 month...and it puts to shame all the other android messaging app freedompop had before...you'll be happy you did....

just visit the play store and update the messaging app

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    the call quality on the new app is through the roof...Just give it a shot...this has to be one of the best VOIP app i have used....clear voice...and a new UI...

notice it now shows how many days left ---all the info you need is in the app now....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Just downloaded. Can't wait to test it out all day! :)
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
    You'll love it....Its a major improvement!!!!!

If you guys have any issues with the new Linphone app--please feel free to @sign me here...I have been testing the app for awhile on a few different phones...

• M DeanM Dean Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Love the new app but I have a few issues that I didn't have when the other voip app was used.

DTMF tones don't seem to work as well as they did with csipsimple.

The incoming call UI page is there a way to enable the large answer and ignore buttons like you were able to with csipsimple? I hate the sliders.

I have an issue when rejecting calls. Calls aren't rejected at all, it will simply stop ringing for one sec and then continue ringing and will repeat this until the call is answered by me or the other party hangs up. Could not having vm be the issue?
  • Grant WGrant W Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    would any expert on this new app post any tips? Should we use adaptive rate control? what algorithm? codec bitrate limit to highest (128k)? what codecs should we use? all of them? or just the default? Thanks!
    @Grant W
    right now, just post any issues you have with the latest app released--they released one update on the 25th, and a fix the next day on the 26th....

once i get the all clear, I will redo this post and create a walk threw, or a how to...

allot of people don't realize...what codec bitrate that works for you on you phone...wont work for somebody in another coverage area, using a different phone.

when i do a how to or a walk threw on the android app-its mainly to get you familiar with the app. I also try and leave all std or basic settings(default)-just encase you get stumped or you mess it up...

If any of you have issues with the latest update--(Version 16.01.97.0326)

please post your issues--Bugs, or anything you think needs to be changed or fixed...

make sure to post your phone-area you are using the phone-your plan...make sure to let us know what your working with.

Can't wait to hear your feedback...

• Jim MJim M Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    This app has some problems. Any way to roll back to previous?
    Samsung galaxy 3, LG Viper 4G LTE. Both having same issues.
    @Jim M
    can you explain what problems your having? I am currently trying to get permission to release a link to the older APKs...

please do not post links to apks here unless me or the admins approve them. @Jorge M.

Looks like Freedompop Released another update!!!!

Version 16.01.101.0327

- Fixed issues that some calls can’t go though under WIFI
    - Improved device activation flow
    - Other minor bug fixes

Version 16.01.97.0326

- Fixed certain calling out issues
    - Fixed the shortcut in system dock
    - Fixed the issue showing incorrect app for certain users

Version 16.01.89.0325:

- Significant improvement of the voice quality
    - Significant improvement of the app's stability
    - Some UI improvements
    - Some bug fixes.

Thanks for all your Valuable feedback, and please keep us informed if the new app has a difference?

Looks like Ice is turned off on this update!!!

I talked to support earlier, they tried to help, did a reset on my S3 (##72763#) still failed to answer more than 1 of 5 calls while the tech was listing. He sent the issue to the higher level techs.
    Both my phones can call my land line usually no problem, I can call back from land line works some of the time. Just can't call FP to FP reliabily, just rings and rings on the sender nothing on receiver.
    After loading this new app I can text from either of my FP phones no problem but I can't call back the FP phone that just sent me a text.
    Make a call, it starts ringing on receiver (land line) I can't disconnect on sender end, hit the red bar and it seems to disconnect but the call continues until the other end drops the call. This happens all to frequently.
    Both of my phones S3 & LG viper worked well before this app, S3 did an autoload I made the mistake of loading the other without testing.
    Having older apps to fall back on would give people in the trenches an opportunity to test these new things rather than simply be out of luck or be forced to ignore new stuff until it maybe safe to try.
    Happy to provide feedback.
  • Adrian EchavarriaAdrian Echavarria Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    One feature I liked about the previous app was its ability to automatically record calls. The new one doesn't seem to have this ability. It's very minor, otherwise this is working and sounding great so far on my s3 and evo 4g.
  • Bryan HendrixBryan Hendrix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    please post your issues--Bugs, or anything you think needs to be changed or fixed...

make sure to post your phone: LG Viper

-area you are using the phone: WiFi connection 5 Mbps

your plan: Basic 200

make sure to let us know what your working with: not understood. My phone and plan is what I'm working with. I have erased all 'freedom pop' apps yesterday 3/26/2015. I then looked for and downloaded the 'Messenger' app from Freedom Pop. It did not work at all until I disconnected WiFi and restarted the phone. I now can send text. Still waiting to receive one sent an hour ago. Phone does call out with no DTMF capabilities. Phone call is low quality - audio and voice out is really chopped up. Phone/App are not accepting calls. No ring or indication when called.
  • Indy YangIndy Yang Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    can anyone dial out an international number? All I got was **** is not valid, please check the number and try again. The number I dial is 011xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    Can anyone dial out an international number?
    still cannot dial an international number.
  • KELLIE LARUEKELLIE LARUE Posts: 148FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Hi @njfulwider5 and everyone else. @Ali said in another post that the new update will support subject and MMS messages. Is it supported finally?
    The NeXus Evoluzione B)
    Loaded the new 0327 app. (LG Viper & Galaxy S3)

One fix, now I can disconnect all calls.

Can Text FP to FP both ways send & recv.

Both phones call anyone except another FP phone.

LG to 4g could send & receive calls & text.

No inbound to either phone on WIFI.

Saturday afternoon......testing over
    Galaxy S3 now gets network errors can't use at all for text or calling on both Wifi & 4G/
    Female voice now on WIFI calls saying Our service is unavailable, Please try later.

GENERAL ERROR (FP)
    Oops, there was an error trying to communicate with the server. Please try again later.

• zteuserzteuser Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Tried calling China last night using the new messaging app and was told the number I dialed was invalid. I have used Freedompop to dial that number successfully in the past. On local calls I have not noticed any improvement in voice quality.
    edited March 2015 #122
    So strange...

Yesterday my Evo4G was having issues like people above, but the new update fixed it. (Version 16.01.101.0327)
    Never had any issues on my S3 or S2 with Version 16.01.89.0325 or newer.

I'm wondering what version of Android people are running? Do they have a custom ROM or Stock? Rooted or not? Anything else that might make a difference?

My Evo4G was BYOD and has Stock ROM, Rooted. Android 2.3.5
    My S2 was also BYOD, Stock ROM, Rooted. Andoid 4.1.2
    My S3 was FreedomPop with the FreedomPop ROM, unsure if they root them? I assume so. Android 4.4.2

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • RayDRayD Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    Version 0327, HTC EVO Design

The new app is very finicky on this version. Some call complete while others hang with dead air. Call quality is not improved so far as I can tell. I do notice one strange behavior. After a phone call is disconnected, I am presented with the text screen? When you disconnect a call, it should go to the phones main screen not the text screen. I gather that the screen shots here are from a better phone than the Design? My screens look nothing like that!
    Guess bad just got worse. Earlier today I got stuck on network errors but now I seem to have lost my phone number. When I attempt to reinstall FP messaging I get to "Phone number Required" screen and it wants me to select a new number??? I can still do Update PRL and Update Profile no problem. Help
    Whoops, looks like I was maybe too critical I just figured out my account has been cancelled! Wow, because I had trouble with your code and tried to give a little feedback I got cancelled which includes losing my phone number and the remainder of my services. Wow!!!!
    @Jim M I'm sure you were not cancelled because of giving feedback. (If that was the case I would have been cancelled a long time ago) I will get in touch with someone to figure out your issue.

This discussion has been closed.