**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop's Android Messaging Phone/SIM Update (24.00.1388.0302) (Updated 03/02/2019)

Comments

• Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    Jim M said:

Whoops, looks like I was maybe too critical I just figured out my account has been cancelled! Wow, because I had trouble with your code and tried to give a little feedback I got cancelled which includes losing my phone number and the remainder of my services. Wow!!!!

They don't work weekends so I doubt they would do that. Re-enter the CC number on the account and see what happens on the account page.

http://www.freedompop.com/billing_settings.htm
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jim M
    Good morning, sorry for the late response. When you look at your account online. Is it possible you might have used all your data/voice/Text? As mentioned above. These guys wouldn't suspend based on comments. There has to be a reasonable explanation.

Guys, I've been testing the app as much as i can, and leaving feedback to every person I know is involved in fixing all these bugs.

A easy fix when updating a app so many time, like we have in the past week.

Find settings>>>app or application management>>>Find the messaging app>>

Force stop and than clear cache...(not clear data)

go back to the app-make sure when you activate-->>you get the refresh activation check mark in notification. If not, hit refresh activation data.

If that don't work, go and do the same to the play store app....after log back in.

also make sure that Google is still syncing and you have no red circle(make sure its green)..

I left a message with the dev Team and the admin with all concerns....But I have a feeling we wont hear anything till Monday.

Hope this helps-If you can't get ahold of me here-feel free to drop me a PM..

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to Private Message (PM):

To send a Private message, simply click on the users name, you will then be directed to the users forum profile where you will find a message button at the top right hand corner.

Make sure when you attempt to send a PM, you do not post it in the activity portion of the profile page(activity portion of the page is seen by anybody visiting that profile---

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I'm using the linphone app on my ZTE Force and have found that whilst on wifi (asus rt-n66), the app will typically take 1 or 2 incoming calls, but then ignores any subsequent calls. Of course, this happens silently, so you don't know (other than the fact that you're not getting any calls). Outgoing calls are fine.

For me at least, checking settings->enable upnp on seems to resolve the issue, but version 16.01.101.0327 of the app seems to automatically reset both enable upnp & enable ice back to off after some random period (whereas version 16.01.97.0326 of the app always reset these to enable ice on & enable upnp off) - can the app be configured to leave these settings at user chosen selections?
  • nickwarenickware Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

Is there a way to turn up the mic volume on the new client? The other party says I am too quiet.
  • RossRoss Posts: 56FreedomPop Newbie
    call quality is really good on my s3 in the Philadelphia market
  • Jeffrey JayJeffrey Jay Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    nickware said:

Hi,

Is there a way to turn up the mic volume on the new client? The other party says I am too quiet.

My S3 seems to be too quiet on the mic. Older app had an icon to turn up media volume and mic volume.
  • Joseph  PeperJoseph Peper Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Looking for some help with my Galaxy S2. Installed new Messenger app and receive error at startup: "Activation Required: Contact customer support to activate". Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot access my Freedompop and have no phone/text capabilities.
  • S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭

nickware said:

Hi,

My S3 seems to be too quiet on the mic. Older app had an icon to turn up media volume and mic volume.
    If you go into your settings >> My device >> Sound >> Volume

and turn up everything in there.

Does it help with the sound?

I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • nickwarenickware Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    S MP said:

If you go into your settings >> My device >> Sound >> Volume

and turn up everything in there.

Does it help with the sound?

No, my Freedompop phone sounds fine. It's the person I called who says it's quiet.

• stefett2stefett2 Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the HTC 4G LTE. Everything seems to work well except the phone will not receive incoming calls when in sleep mode. If the screen is active, all is fine. Has anyone else had this issue?
    In the new messaging app>>settings>>call>>voice mail uri--is it possible to send voice mails to google voice?
    I've given up on visual voicemail as it is consistently inconsistent. Usually voicemails arrive very late, even up to 24 hours later.
  • Adrian EchavarriaAdrian Echavarria Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    After using it a little bit more, I also noticed the mic is too soft on my S3. Seems to be fine on my old evo 4g (a tad strong), but my S3 is very quiet (version 16.01.101.0327 on both phones). The options menu while in call from the previous app was nice to adjust the volume and mic gain (had a gauge to see how loud the incoming sounds were; was handy). There doesn't seem to be other options to adjust the mic's gain that I can find since that menu is no longer there.

I do like the quality of the calls though. Incoming and outgoing are a bit clearer than before.
  • Indy YangIndy Yang Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Has anyone tried it on ZTE force? I tried to dial international number but somehow a 1 was prepended, so the number becomes 1011something. Freedompop then replies that was a invalid number(of course). However, my S3 does not have this "feature".
  • Libin LiuLibin Liu Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a Galaxy S4's purchased November 2014. This phone worked fine until last update(3/28). Now when I try to place a call on phone, the keypad comes up, I enter the number press green phone icon and the screen goes blank, call in progress appears at top of screen but no GUI, no buttons to end the call or anything, If someone answers on the other end they can hear me & I can hear them, if I press the home the GUI flashes for maybe a second then goes away. I have uninstalled/install a few times, I have cleared the cache, I have cleared data, reset MSL , updated PRL , updated profile and anything I can think about, but still have same issue. Could anyone help?
  • Tyler MunderTyler Munder Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Having a lot of issues receiving calls on a couple of Samsung Galaxy S3's. Calls will only come through some of the time, and I need it to be more consistent. Didn't have these problems with version 15 of the app. I've tried to clear the app cache and refresh activation data to no avail. Anyone have any fixes for this? If not, hopefully freedompop will update the app soon to fix these issues.
  • stefett2stefett2 Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Are there any models of phones working correctly for incoming calls? Both my ZTE Force and HTC EVO 4G LTE will only take incoming calls the first few minutes after force quit and clearing the cache. It appears the Galaxy S3 has similar issues. The voice quality when working is great so hopefully they will get the issue fixed.
    limey said:

I'm using the linphone app on my ZTE Force and have found that whilst on wifi (asus rt-n66), the app will typically take 1 or 2 incoming calls, but then ignores any subsequent calls. Of course, this happens silently, so you don't know (other than the fact that you're not getting any calls). Outgoing calls are fine.

For me at least, checking settings->enable upnp on seems to resolve the issue, but version 16.01.101.0327 of the app seems to automatically reset both enable upnp & enable ice back to off after some random period (whereas version 16.01.97.0326 of the app always reset these to enable ice on & enable upnp off) - can the app be configured to leave these settings at user chosen selections?

After reading this, I just called my Samsung S3 byod from my landline and nothing happened. I then went to settings>network>enable upnp. Tried again and it worked 3 times, but I didn't try calling out in between. Also the phone jumped to the contacts page when I hung up my landline. My missed call icon in the upper left showed I missed 4 calls from other days--I didn't even know. This is on WiFi, I haven't tried it on the cells.

Outgoing seems to be ok on wifi.

This morning the "enable upnp" had reset itself. Is this a timed setting(for device discovery)?

Could the problem here be our type of router?

See: dslreports.com/forum/r28222318-General-Do-I-need-to-enable-UPNP-in-router-for-VOIP-calls-

"Springbok,Colleyville, TX
    reply to taytong888 2013-Apr-25 12:56 am
    If incoming calls don't ring your devices, it's probably because your Register expires is set too high. Mine is 60 seconds.

If while in a call the other party can't hear you it's probably because your Keep alive is set too high. Mine is 15 seconds."

So I will dig around on my Comcast Xfinity router and see if it has these settings

A note: To get my S3 to receive calls I only had to tick the enable upnp setting--no ICE, no forced close, etc.
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

This morning the "enable upnp" had reset itself. Is this a timed setting(for device discovery)?

Not sure if it's timed, as this seems to occur at random times - however it does seem to be at least a daily occurrence. Selecting Refresh Activation Data from settings in the messaging app also causes the enable ICE/UPNP/Random ports setting to default back to off.
    Could the problem here be our type of router?

See: dslreports.com/forum/r28222318-General-Do-I-need-to-enable-UPNP-in-router-for-VOIP-calls-

"Springbok,Colleyville, TX
    reply to taytong888 2013-Apr-25 12:56 am
    If incoming calls don't ring your devices, it's probably because your Register expires is set too high. Mine is 60 seconds.

If while in a call the other party can't hear you it's probably because your Keep alive is set too high. Mine is 15 seconds."

So I will dig around on my Comcast Xfinity router and see if it has these settings
    I think that these are SIP client settings, rather than something on the router, but the client that FP is using doesn't appear to let the user get at these settings.

I already have a VOIP box (Obi110) on my LAN & it has been working with my router setup to use pretty much default settings (SIP passthough = enabled, UPNP = enabled) - so I know that the router setup currently handles SIP sessions OK.

The really frustrating thing is that I've not yet been able to pin down a set of circumstances/settings that will reliably result in all incoming calls ringing on my ZTE Force. Setting UPNP enabled = on in the messaging app seems to work 90% of the time for wifi, but sometimes still fails for no apparent reason. And since that failure is silent, you can't be confident that you're not missing a call.

I just received an FP Galaxy Tab 3, so once it's charged up, I'll be able to compare it with the ZTE & see if it behaves in the same way - however, until I can be confident that all incoming calls actually ring, I can't see myself relying on FP as my primary phone (which is a shame, as I'd really like to ditch the expense of the regular carriers - if more reliable, FP's premium plans would be a great deal - as it is, I'm probably going to stay on the free plans until more of the bugs are ironed out).
    A note: To get my S3 to receive calls I only had to tick the enable upnp setting--no ICE, no forced close, etc.
    So far, I've not needed to do a forced close to re-enable incoming calls, either toggling wifi on/off, toggling the UPNP enable, or refreshing activation data has done the trick.

• Indy YangIndy Yang Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Figured out it's because of a bug in freedompop messaging app. Somehow the prefix in linphonerc was set to 1 and not exposed to end user. Modified the linphonerc by adding "prefix=" under [proxy0] does not help as the app overwrites it magically. Right now I can use linphone/vimphone app as a workaround, set prefix to nothing, same dialer works OK. It seems also to be related with phone model, as it does not show on samsung phones.
    Bin Yang said:

Has anyone tried it on ZTE force? I tried to dial international number but somehow a 1 was prepended, so the number becomes 1011something. Freedompop then replies that was a invalid number(of course). However, my S3 does not have this "feature".

• glorkglork Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Phone: Galaxy S3 Plan: Basic 200
    I have plenty of minutes and messages left and I still have about 100 mb of data before i hit 100 left. I am not able to receive text on data only on wifi. I believe I can receive some phone calls on data, but not really for sure since I wouldn't know if i missed a call. When I get a call or when I make a call my phone screen goes black except for the top notification bar. I am not able to end calls unless I reset the phone. I have tried updating PRL and Profile. I have tried Force Stopping and Clear Cache of both Messaging app and Google Play. The "Use Wifi Only" box is not ticked in freedom pop settings. I have also tried ticking "UPNP". No success either way. Please Help.
  • Jason  LiJason Li Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    On my LG Viper, I tried the Messaging App version 16.01.101.0327 and the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text version 15.06.251.0224.

With the Messaging App on and the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text App off, I can make outgoing calls on wifi and data, but I can't receive incoming calls on wifi - I can only receive them on data. Also, I cannot use my speakerphone when I make and receive calls. Finally, a minor note, when I make calls, I cannot hear rings as the ringtone - I hear a flat tone instead, and I can't find the settings to change it.

With FreedomPop Free Voice and Text App on and Messaging App off, I CAN send and receive calls on both wifi and data, I CAN use my speakerphone when I make and receive calls, and I CAN change the ringtone to the typical ringing sound.

This proves, at least on my phone, that it is a Messaging App software bug that is affecting the incoming calls over wifi, the speakerphone, and the ringtone. The redeeming factor of the Messaging App is that it excels in voice quality (good job dev team!) when the calls go through. However, I'm forced to use the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text App for most of my calls for the time being.
  • Jason  LiJason Li Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    glork said:

Phone: Galaxy S3 Plan: Basic 200
    ...When I get a call or when I make a call my phone screen goes black except for the top notification bar. I am not able to end calls unless I reset the phone. ...

I have this issue as well on the Messaging App (but not the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text App) on my LG Viper. However, I try to quickly press the dialpad when the phone screen briefly flashes on. Once I pull up the dialpad (after multiple tries of turning the screen on and off with the physical on/off button and pulling down the notification bar), the phone screen works as intended with the proximity sensor (which turns the phone screen on/off based on if the sensor is far away from/close to my face), even when I close the dialpad.

• Dee SDee S Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5 Oh no! Is the buttons vs the slider option gone in settings? I just discovered that feature and can finally answer calls. The slider never works for me and is very frustrating. I have an HTC Evo 4G (love it like you do) and a Samsung Galaxy S III. I uninstalled this update and am now using an older version of the Messaging app, but have the buttons back on the HTC. The Samsung seems to have a variation of this option itself under My device > Call > Answering/Ending Calls to answer with the Home key but it is not working with the app.
This discussion has been closed.