Activation Step Is Required.

Deadpixel99Deadpixel99 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I Have had my Galaxy S4 from freedompop for about 3 months now never had any problems with it, but three days ago i got an error out of the blue telling me that i need to activate my phone.... even though it is already activated, i can no longer call or text now. I have tried calling there extremely horrible tech support like for the last three days waiting on hold for to two hours each time and i have NEVER had anyone pick up. I am on the unlimited everything plan so i know it's not because i ran out of anything. So could i please get some help, i mean i am a paying customer why should the services i pay for work, right? Three days now....i better get my bill prorated.

Answers

• louie lailouie lai Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I've been using my s4 for a almost half a year now with little to no problems, but then suddenly today, my phone restarted itself. After it came back on, Freedompop messaging tried to locate my device but failed. Instead, there came a pop up that read "Activation required, Contact customer support to activate". I don't know what to do now. I guess this is my way of trying to contact customer support lol. BTW my phone was already activated. Now I can't text or call, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    Hello @louie lai sorry to hear about this. I apologize for the delay in response from my part. Please allow me to have an agent take a look into your account to see what happened :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • Milton  membreno Milton membreno Posts: 38FreedomPop Newbie
    Why can't I use my phone, getting this error, please fix ASAP.
  • waterman1979waterman1979 Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    I am also having the same problem
  • M DeanM Dean Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been getting the same error for the past 3 hours on my BYOD S3. Have contacted customer support and was told to do an uninstall of the messaging app and reinstall, we did a ##72786#, plus the cs rep completely deactivated and reactivated my S3.

I am still getting the same error message. So I hope this is only affecting a few devices and they will get it hammered out soon.
    I did the uninstall/install too but it didn't work
  • Jacob OrtonJacob Orton Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm also getting the same message on my s4 that I bought from freedompop.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015 #9
    @Milton Membreno
    Did you also do the ##72786#?

SCRTN reset: ---------------------------Instructions provided by Ali--------

(Note: Back up your data as this can potentially erase your phone)
    (Note2: Make sure your phone is fully charged and plugged in before starting)

1. Dial ##72786# in the native dialer and the SCRTN message should appear. Enter your MSL if needed (found by clicking here http://www.freedompop.com/acct_device.htm)

2. Your device will restart, proceed to unlock the device

3. The Hands free reactivation will occur, its going to update your PRL and Profile. If it fails then update it manually Settings -> System Update -> PRL and Profile

4. If you lost any data then please re install the My FreedomPop app and the FreedomPop Messaging app.

This does not do resetting except for whatever is needed :)
  • Deadpixel99Deadpixel99 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been having the exact same problem, i tried calling your tech support waited for over an hour and never got answered. I tried all of the tips here on the forum and your website and still nothing, it was working perfectly fine until yesterday. Can you tell my how to get my phone to work again???
  • Jacob OrtonJacob Orton Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried doing the uninstall reinstall of the freedompop app first. That did not work.

I tried doing the ##72786# and I went through all of Djinks steps and it still didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

What I find funny about this is I can still text and get on the internet. Before doing the ##72786# I could even make calls out. I would just have to hit make emergency, then just back track to the screen. The same is true for texts. It wouldn't always work but if I did it enough times it would. Now, I can't make calls. I get the message.

"Unable to complete request
    Currently unable to register with FreedomPop sever under this Wi-Fi configuration.
    Please try again or turn off Wi-Fi."

I get it on Wi-Fi and 3G.
  • waterman1979waterman1979 Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    I uninstalled the update and cleared cache and no more activation step required. I have a freedompop s4 phone calls in out and texts fine for now
  • Alexander BlockAlexander Block Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the EXACT same problem with my phone as reported by everyone in this issue. Everything worked fine on 5/11/2015 however on the 12th I began receiving the same error message. I tried the steps recommended and they changed nothing.

This has rendered our phone useless. Any suggestions would be great. I tried technical support but after the 1hr on hold I bailed.
  • Alexander BlockAlexander Block Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    edited May 2015 #14
    @waterman1979 what do you mean?

I went into my apps menu -> messaging -> "uninstall updates" , cache was already cleared and still no resolution. Rebooted as well. Actually by doing that I now got a "general error!" There was an error while processing the request {request_config}.

I then updated the app from play store and am at least back to where I was, Activation Step Required error.

This is on a Motorola Photon Q. Also note that our second Photon Q is NOT having this problem.

Cross reference to another similar complaint on the forums that was logged recently: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/comment/48796/#Comment_48796
    Post edited by Alexander Block on
  • Robert HunterRobert Hunter Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    I an having this same issue as well. When are they going to fix this? I've had this problem for the past couple days.
  • M DeanM Dean Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    My Activation Required popup started yesterday afternoon for me around 2pm CST on my S3, that morning I made and received several calls and texts just fine. Still having the issue and no contact from FP on this.

It's starting to wear on me and I'm thinking of just bailing on FP altogether, and that's a shame because I've had no issues with this S3 for the past 8 months.
    edited May 2015 #17
    @Deadpixel99 @louie lai @Milton membreno @Jacob Orton @Alexander Block @Robert Hunter @M Dean I apologize for the delay in resolving this issue and lack of response on my part. I can assure you that we are looking into providing a fix for this issue, we thank you for your patience :)
  • Stan MarmaziukStan Marmaziuk Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    HI i buyed samsung galaxy s4 from freedom pop and since i had alot of problems with them . this time its every time when i try to call , text , or use data it says Locating User For Device and then Activation Required screen pops up and it says contact customer support for activation . I tryed to Update Profile and PRL , and even tryed to update messaging app but nothing helped . PLZ SOMEONE HELP .

My email: [email protected]
    @Stan Marmaziuk Hello Stan, I will be merging your post into a thread with users who have expressed similar the same issue. We are currently taking a look into resolving this and thank you for your patience :)
    I can't even do the ##72786# thing. Nothing happens.
  • Deadpixel99Deadpixel99 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge M. said:

@Deadpixel99 @louie lai @Milton membreno @Jacob Orton @Alexander Block @Robert Hunter @M Dean I apologize for the delay in resolving this issue and lack of response on my part. I can assure you that we are looking into providing a fix for this issue, we thank you for your patience :)

Well maybe in all of your freedompop wisdom you can make a giant sticky note on the front page explaining that there is a huge issue going on and that your working on it, as three days to get such a generic response of " We are working on it" is absolutely ridiculous. Also Me and everyone else that has been having issues expect you to oblige and prorate our accounts for the days that we have not been able to use our phone service that we pay for.
    I am trying patience, I understand there is a person on the other side here not an evil FreedomPop owner of the company making our phone crap out.

In the same token, the customers do expect to be properly rewarded for such patience and for actual non function of paid service.
  • james paceltjames pacelt Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Had phone working great for almost a week. Same Issue as above here now. Old number ported over, so I've missed calls, and work, for going on two days. Not a good start,,,
  • Samsung S3 XIAOSamsung S3 XIAO Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie

It is kind of ridiculous receiving 'Activation Required' pop-up window constantly in these days, and after i selected the 'ok' button, it freezes my phone. I have tried to force stop the FP messaging app and update the system, unfortunately, both turned out stay the same, no lucks. Can any admin fix this for me, please?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your data work?
  • james paceltjames pacelt Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Same problem here. Help?