There are no available phone numbers at this time

Thomas MonroeThomas Monroe Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I live in Seattle, and I've already signed up, but after signup, the next page prompted me to select a phone number... but no matter what I select, I get no results.

I've tried all of the following (local) area codes:

As well as:
Seattle
Tacoma

Zip code 98166

Info on my phone shows it was area code, but when I try to dial out, I get "this device is not authorized to make calls to this phone number".

I seem to be stuck

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Thomas - We are currently working with Sprint to acquire Washington phone numbers. The "big" cell companies are currently holding phone number for certain states; including Washington and Hawaii. I will be sure to make an announcement here in the forum when I have more info. Thanks for your understanding in the matter.
  • Charlotte EasleyCharlotte Easley Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, this really sux, but I am still trying to find me a BYOD to play with even though I am a Washingtonian. Most people these days can make "long distance" calls for free, anyways, so I guess in the long run it really doesn't matter if I have a long distance number from another state for my extra phone. Now, if I was counting on this for my "home" cell, I guess that might be an issue. Anyways, yes Taylor, please let us Washingtonians know when you guys aquire us some local area codes. In the meantime, just out of curiosity, what is the closest state to Washington that FreedomPop happens to have area codes in?
    @Charlotte - We will be sure to make an announcement when numbers are available. You should be able to choose an area code for any of the surrounding states.
  • LukeLuke Posts: 318FreedomPop Newbie
    @Thomas Monroe@Charlotte Easley‌ you can choose an out of state phone number for now. when they have Washington numbers, you can switch your number to a Washington one.
    Wroof!
  • daweidroiddaweidroid Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a phone number for my old cell, can I port that one over to Freedompop? I didn't know there were no washington numbers, I bought this phone now stuck and don't know what to do.
    @daweidroid - You cannot port over your phone number at this time, we are trying to acquire more numbers for the Washington area as well.
  • David DahlDavid Dahl Posts: 83FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    For now, anyone unable to find a phone number in their area can use Google Voice, either pick a number with them and have it forward calls to your Freedompop number, or port your current number over to Google Voice, and do the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.