**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Premium Voice is not available for incoming calls?

HammyHammy Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Premium voice seems to work for calling out to other phones but it doesn't seem like it is possible to use it for incoming calls to the phone. Is there an upcoming fix for this or a workaround?

Comments

• Gregory VernonGregory Vernon Posts: 141FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    I haven't found a workaround yet.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @Hammy @Gregory Vernon Premium Voice is only functional when making outgoing calls, I apologize for any misunderstanding.
  • Gregory VernonGregory Vernon Posts: 141FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    Uncool.
  • olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    That's good to know. It should be clarified in the Premium Voice FAQ so people don't expect incoming calls to be as reliable.
  • jeff schefkejeff schefke Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    It should be on the checkout, I to expected it to work for incoming, kinda fell a little riped off
  • olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jeff142

They need to make it more clear or people are going to be upset, contact support, and slow things down even more.
  • HammyHammy Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    The way I understand it, Premium Voice works by sending out your call to the Sprint network using the dummy phone number assigned to your phone (can be seen in Settings in About > Status). The network then automatically redirects the call to use your freedompop phone number so that the caller id appears the same. Unfortunately, calling the dummy phone number results in a busy signal. If freedompop could make calls made to your freedompop number redirect to your actual dummy phone number, and pay Sprint to make that number be able to receive calls, Premium Voice would be a much more viable option. Perhaps in the future maybe. As of now though, the service is a little bit useless unless you make outbound calls frequently.