Can't Send/Receive texts or push notifications

Recently, I have been unable to send/receive text messages when on the network. When I am on WiFi everything works fine. There also appears to be a problem with the FreedomPop setup as it has been unable to locate user for device. Again, this only happens when I am on the network. I have tried to do a system update, as recommended on some of the threads, but this option is not available on my Settings menu. I have a Samsung Victory 4G LTE phone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    Hello @Melynda Lewis could you please confirm if you are receiving any error messages on your end when off wifi?
  • Mike LewisMike Lewis Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello, Jorge. No, I have not received any error messages when off WiFi. The Locating User for Device just starts spinning and doesn't stop. I have been in touch with FP's tech support and they have suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the messaging app (which I've tried), as well as a carrier reset. Since my last post (and after following through on those suggestions), I can successfully send a text but that recipient's response does not get to me until I can reconnect to WiFi. Same thing with the push notifications.
    Hello @Mike Lewis thank you for the update, I will have a forum agent take a closer look into your account. Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • Joe ChengJoe Cheng Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello @Jorge M", I have exactly the same problem with my Galaxy S3. Got stuck at the "Locating user for device" indefinitely. Please have your tech support take a look into my account. Thanks.
    @Joe Cheng I will have a agent take a look into your account as well Joe :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk).
  • Sahil PatelSahil Patel Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I have this exact same fault too and still have not been given a resolution, can someone help?
    Hello @Sahil Patel sorry to hear about your issue not having been resolved. I will have a forum agent further assist you with your concern. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • Jonathan MooreJonathan Moore Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello Jorge M., I have basically the same problem — phone can't access the network, FP Messaging gets stuck forever "Locating user for device." I have an LG Optimus F3, and this problem began this morning, right after I entered a new billing period. I have Unlimited minutes and texts, and 519 MBs left.
  • Jonathan MooreJonathan Moore Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi. The FP Messaging app was able to complete Freedom Pop Setup on WiFi, but on 3G it gets stuck forever "Locating user for device". This problem only began several days ago, at the start of my current billing period. Before that FP Messaging had no problem "Locating user for device" on 3G. I have more than 500 MBs left, and other than this problem 3G seems to work fine. Can anyone help? Does my account need to be reset or something?

Thanks!
  • Brian TregoBrian Trego Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same problem on my samsung galaxy s3 @Jorge M. Please send help LOL ;-)
  • steve_ggsteve_gg Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same problem with my Galaxy s3. Please help!
  • SphSph Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Same thing here on Galaxy S4! I hate to say I have had nothing but problems since coming to Freedom Pop and I have not been given help. I have sent 2 emails, posted in 4 forums and called once (on phone trying to get help for over an hour).