Wimax?

Philip BarrettPhilip Barrett Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I have 3 Devices: a Freedom Hub Burst, a Franklin Wireless U600, & a FreedomStick 250u. What will happen to them when the wimax network is shut down. Are you able to change out my freedom hub burst with something else now that will work after november?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Philip Barrett‌ FreedomPop already has an LTE swap program for those who want to get rid of their WiMAX devices early in exchange for an LTE device. You can get a $50 credit towards a new device however some restrictions apply. If you want to wait a little bit, you could get a better deal.
  • Philip BarrettPhilip Barrett Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I understand, yes - I don't mind waiting. Do you know if they will have a similar device to the hub burst (with ethernet ports)?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Philip Barrett‌ Right now there aren't any LTE devices with Ethernet ports however if you're adventurous, you could try using a hotspot and bridging it via connectify dispatch to the ethernet port, attach a Ethernet hub to the laptops ethernet port via the Gateway slot and have that be a sudo-new hub!

Or connect by USB if you don't want WiFi :)
    OK - we are not at the point of no return. I have not been contacted, but from what I understand Nov 6 the Freedom Hub Burst I have will go dark. What do I do?
    Also, Are there any LTE devices with ethernet available? Can I get the $50 credit to cover the mingle as mentioned above?