**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Samsung Victory 4G LTE - problems

ijtijt FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
I bought a Samsung Victory 4G LTE from FreedomPop a year or more ago, and it works well enough for me (I'm not a heavy user at all) but has some frequently recurring problems. Often a caller hears my phone ringing but nothing rings on my end. When it's in that state, if I try to make an outgoing call from the keypad or a Contact, nothing happens. No error message. No nothing. Sometimes a restart works, sometimes it takes a couple of restarts, and sometimes it just starts working again on its own. Also, sometimes my phone rings but the caller can't hear me and I can't hear the caller. This is the second Victory I bought from FreedomPop because I thought that the same behavior on the first one meant that the phone was bad. Now I'm thinking maybe it's the service.

So my questions are:
  1. Does anyone else have the same trouble (i.e. is this a known problem)?
  2. Is there a fix?
  3. Is there another phone that people have been very satisfied with?
Thanks for any help.
Joe in Albany, NY

Answers

• John YorkJohn York FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    I have been having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4...I call my wife, she answers and I hear nothing on my end.

It might be time to return the phone and cancel my service, I think. I know it is a beta program, but why potentially bet my life and well being on it?
  • ijtijt FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Thanks, John. So apparently it's the service and not the phone? I would think that there would be a LOT of complaints if this happened to everyone, which is why I asked if there was a consensus about reliable phone/plan choices.

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

-- Joe