Only receiving GV calls on home wi-fi

LaurensphoneLaurensphone Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I've searched but don't see anything about the phone ringing while in the house on the wifi network, but not outside the house. I bought the Samsung Victory special about 3 months ago. I called Support and they got the GV number to ring on my phone, but I learned today that it doesn't ring on the mobile 4g network when I'm out of the house. That sorta defeats the purpose of the cellphone. Anyone know anything about this? I have Optimizer selected, but while it uses wifi in the house, it's still supposed to use the 3g/4g outside the house. Not in airplane mode, etc. I'm happy to post whatever additional info you might need. However, I've found that the other phones don't have the settings in the same places and navigating gets tricky. Thanks for any

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried an SCRTN update?
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    Which GV program did you install on your phone? Google voice app or hangouts dialer.
  • LaurensphoneLaurensphone Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok, I did a bunch of stuff, and now I can only get 3g and no wifi. Authentication error even though the password was working before. Did the Forget and re-input. No luck. I found I always need to keep the mobile available, but settings like Update on Wifi only, no longer work, and updating these apps uses lots of data. Basically, when I'm home, I turn it off. That way it only does its background stuff for a short time.

To answer your first question, I have downloaded GV, Hangouts and Hangouts dialer. Google Voice is now ringing the cell and I think it's via Hangouts.

Overall, the service is unreliable. Sometimes, I call and it rings, they pick up, but I don't know it.

Sometimes, it won't shut off, but I think I got that. I disabled the slide to answer/shut down.

Sometimes, it tells me I don't have permission to use the network when I'm calling from the park. Seems Sprint related.

I'm on my 6th month trying to make this service work. Why is it so hard?
  • Carol CapleCarol Caple Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    @Laurensphone , @Richard Allen I have the same issues. Is there an answer to Laurens post.
    a.which app? google voice or google hangouts?
    b. why inconsistent connection when on wifi or not on wifi?
    c. if I forward my google voice # to the FP number, would it still work all the time on my ZTE FP Phone? anywhere wifi or not?

Also, is my Freedompop hub burst data mb limit being used when I have my FP phone on wifi with the fp hub? and Is my phone MB limit being used when I'm on McDonalds wifi (instead of using fp phone call limit)?

are there better apps to use? yes, I updated FP messaging app.
  • WickedXonSPHL710WickedXonSPHL710 Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    If the Sprint connections optimizer is on your phone, get rid of it as that's your problem
  • bukzinbukzin Posts: 39FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

Have you tried an SCRTN update?

Hi, what is 'SCRTN' ?