Which phones can also serve as a data hot spot?

Michael GrinnellMichael Grinnell Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I am looking at phones and trying to figure out which ones can double as a data hot spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Michael GrinnellMichael Grinnell Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    May have found the answer. There is a Freedom Pop Page that says Android phones with LTE are mobile hotspots. We will find out.
  • abcabc Posts: 189FreedomPop Newbie
    general most Android supports hotspot, but make sure whether your plan supports or not
  • Ruth MellenthinRuth Mellenthin Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I'd like to know HOW to use the phone as a hotspot. I have the HTC Desire (the one they are offering right now)
  • junderw29junderw29 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I too have just purchased the HTC Desire 510. I don't see that this phone is Hotspot compatible. I called and talked with Tech support and they had me install 'Portable Hotspot WiFi' by Core Technologies and still no luck.
  • Nopakorn HiranratNopakorn Hiranrat Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have same HTC 510, seems that the 'Setting' option for is disabled by FreedomPop:
    The following is from HTC site:http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-desire-520-cricket/howto/664168.html
    1. From the Home screen, tap 'main menu' (nine dots in square shape), and then find and tap Settings.
    2. Tap More > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > Mobile Hotspot. << not there on my phone.
    E-mailing with tech support is not working.
    Using 'System Update' as posted in other thread is not working.
    >>Any one got HTC 510 to do hot spot ?