Got a new FreedomPop simcard - but someone else seems to be using my number

DanielaDaniela Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Hi there,

I have a somewhat strange and very annoyig problem. I got my FreedomPop Global Sim Kit yesterday and put it in my phone. Since then, I received numerous calls from numbers I do not know. Those people apparently have been called by my number. Also received a couple of really angry texts. I googled my number and found that it has been used in call centers. In the "my usage" section it shows calls that I haven't made, and even before I put the simcard in my phone!
This is really creepy and I have no idea what to do. So please help.

Best,
Daniela

Answers

• newphonenewphone Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    edited October 2016 #2
    FreedomPop has no support. You're not going to get an answer from them. XXXXX XXXXX
    Post edited by njfulwider5 on
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daniela said:

Hi there,

I have a somewhat strange and very annoyig problem. I got my FreedomPop Global Sim Kit yesterday and put it in my phone. Since then, I received numerous calls from numbers I do not know. Those people apparently have been called by my number. Also received a couple of really angry texts. I googled my number and found that it has been used in call centers. In the "my usage" section it shows calls that I haven't made, and even before I put the simcard in my phone!
    This is really creepy and I have no idea what to do. So please help.

Best,
    Daniela

@Daniela,
    Support is Great here! Sorry for the inconvenience,Let see if we can get the number changed. I will be sending you a Private Message in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• wwarde1wwarde1 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought new SIM card with a yearly fee ( 1GB data). I installed it in unlocked GSM iPhone 6. The phone booted, working fine ant AT&T. However, I was not asked to choose a phone number. The phone is now active without a number. Please let me know how I should go about getting a number for the SIM card. Thanks,
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    wwarde1 said:

I bought new SIM card with a yearly fee ( 1GB data). I installed it in unlocked GSM iPhone 6. The phone booted, working fine ant AT&T. However, I was not asked to choose a phone number. The phone is now active without a number. Please let me know how I should go about getting a number for the SIM card. Thanks,

Hello,

Please click on this link to get the steps to properly add a new phone number to your account.