Unlocked for USA Samsung S7 Edge SM-G935UZSAXAA

LG_G5LG_G5 Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
Will the SM-G935UZSAXAA activate on Freedompop (via Sprint)? There was some kind of issue "Hands Free Activation" for this phone and RingPlus blocked it (but not Sprint). This phone is now selling for $669- at BestBuy and B&H.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LG_G5
    Unfortantly, if the phone is brand new, you will not be able to use with Sprint BYOD. Sprint came down on all MNVO and MNVO like companies, requiring the phone be activated for 12 months before changing MNVO or Pre-paids. If the Phone comes unlocked, you maybe able to use the new GSM sim program instead.

Hope all is well,
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• luclelucienluclelucien Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    edited November 2016 #3
    My SM-G935UZSAXAA activated just fine here on FreedomPop with the Sprint UICC SIM (SIMOLW506C) card that I ordered off mobileistic.com for $9.99 - at the time, Sprint was out of stock.

So far, I'm not having problems with my G935U working here on FreedomPop.

Samsung recently released a software update that fixed the Hands Free Activation boot loop that my G935U was encountering with Ting and RingPlus.

I've had my G935U since July, and believe me I wasted a lot of my time (weeks) and money trying to get rid of that Hands Free Activation boot loop nonsense. After weeks of dealing with HFA, I finally found the solution on a forum that suggested an app called EZ Disabler.
    Post edited by luclelucien on
    My SM-G935UZSAXAA activated just fine here on FreedomPop with the Sprint UICC SIM (SIMOLW506C) card that I ordered off mobileistic.com for $9.99 - at the time, Sprint was out of stock.

So far, I'm not having problems with my G935U working here on FreedomPop.

Samsung recently released a software update that fixed the Hands Free Activation boot loop that my G935U was encountering with Ting and RingPlus.

I've had my G935U since July, and believe me I wasted a lot of my time (weeks) and money trying to get rid of that Hands Free Activation boot loop nonsense. After weeks of dealing with HFA, I finally found the solution on a forum that suggested an app called EZ Disabler.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016 #5
    @luclelucien
    That's Awesome! The Sprint guideline was recent, and normally this would not work. I do not advise other to purchase new and attempt. Not all will be as lucky as you.

Thanks for your Feedback! :)
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Hi, njfulwider5

Is the Sprint guideline that you're referring to just for FreedomPop or all of Sprint MVNOs?

On November 2nd, RingPlus Support was not able to reactivate my G935U after they had deactivated my G935U to run some tests on my line. Man, I was furious at RingPlus for doing that - I had my G935U on RingPlus for three straight months. Anyway, after Ringplus' blunder, I activated my G935U successfully on Ting. Then, I decided I wanted something that is more like RingPlus, and here I am now at FreedomPop.

I still run my MEID on RingPlus from time to time to see if they're taking the G935U back. I'm sad to say that this is the message I get, "This device model is currently unable to register properly on the Sprint wholesale network. Please check our social forums at https://social.ringplus.net for any updates to your particular device models and when they may become eligible."

I don't get it, my G935U activated just fine on Ting and FreedomPop, and other Sprint MVNOs were willing to activate my G935U such as TPO, CellNUVO, and Charge.
    RingPlus is accepting the SM-G935UZSAXAA once again to be back on their network.