**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Activation Fee?

A YeungA Yeung Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
Is there any activation fee when activating a phone brought from Newegg or Amazon? Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• RoytatoRoytato Posts: 80FreedomPop Newbie
    There used to be no fee for turning off automatic top off, and no fee to activate, now the auto top off is $5 that caught me off guard, I accidentally turn it off and they took my $5. I am unable to activate my other phone because I don't have $20. This is getting difficult and expensive.
  • michellaroxmichellarox Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    why did they switch my phone number on me after I had the number I requested and it was working fine? Now the phone is useless without the number I activated it with.
  • Wynne GraceWynne Grace Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I ordered a Freedom Spot 803s Hotspot yesterday 12/13 and it was not until I received the email confirmation that I was informed of the possible long delivery time. I will only be able to connect to wireless the third week of each month when I travel to Albuquerque due to my normal out of range location in a mountain canyon. My questions now are:

1. When will my one month of service begin and by what time must I change my plan if desired?
    2. When will the included free "Premium 2 GB (4G/3G)" offer begin and expire? Is there a carryover?
    3. When will the included "10GB of Bonus Data ($100 Value) begin and expire? Is there a carry over?
    4. When will the included "FreedomPop Premier Trial ($9.99/month) begin and expire?
  • ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to try answering things to the best of my ability because there are some good questions that don't seem to get answers. In my experience, which is limited to ordering sim cards for unlocked gsm phones, all plans a,d everything with a monthly cycle attached to a phone/sim via FP will follow the plan's date. This date seems to begin when the phone/sim is shipped. I also understand that some long delivery periods are due to issues in getting the shipping sorted in the first place. SIM cards ship quick, phone shipment depends on availability at a given moment. Logging into your account and checking the phone/sim in the device list will inform you of how many days you have until the monthly pay cycle is up. I can check mine basically as soon as a tracking number is available. If yours account lists no info then my guess is nothing has been shipped yet, so your plan hasn't been initialized yet. All trials and whatever will follow the plan cycle dates. This may be slightly late to help you, Wynne, but I'm hoping someone finds this information useful. Yours was a good question.
  • AustinComputerSupport.com AustinComputerSupport.com Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I ordered the Motorola for $29.99 that is supposed to come with a free month of service and a monthly plan for $25/mo after that. After I placed the order, I get a screen asking for another 19.99 payment. What is that for?
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I received the same screen when I ordered the Moto E. The $19.99 was a promo for a 2nd phone discounted $10.