**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Minutes are using data?!

Nicolas FreelandNicolas Freeland Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have been researching how freedom pop works and understand that it is all over data. I read on this forum that both minutes and text go over data. What I am confused about is how I don't seem to have unlimited minutes and text because once I run out of data it will shut off I believe. The minutes and text are using data and I am not getting it back. I was under the impression based off of other various posts that data used for minutes and text are credited back. Is this not the case? If so then it is misleading to sell "unlimited" talk and text if it is in fact not so. Am I missing something?

Best Answer

Answers

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 #3
    Yeah, you're right, FP's phone are VoIP phones, data phones, you load a app and run it to make calls.
    Don't know what you mean by, 'The minutes and text are using data and I am not getting it back.', but each month starts over.
    FP has a 'top over' plan, but the best advice I think, would be to text for someone to call you.
    Also from what you said about voice and data, you could use up both in one call, but ten 20 min. calls a month, I wonder how much data that would burn up with the basic plan ?
  • Nicolas FreelandNicolas Freeland Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I think I understand. I noticed that they did credit some data back, out of 74mb they credited 8mb back. The usage was shown as 20mb x3 and one at 14. I do think it is kinda bull to count their own apps usage against you.
  • trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    njfulwider5 said that, not sure incoming calls are counted and you need to test for yourself.
    I use their devices and byod's, with some tinkering they work fine.
    So is free, really free, or misleading ?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    trackball said:

njfulwider5 said that, not sure incoming calls are counted and you need to test for yourself.
    I use their devices and byod's, with some tinkering they work fine.
    So is free, really free, or misleading ?

(I mentioned, i was unsure if min are counted when someone calls me on my FreedomPop Phone, because you asked if minutes was counted "in Bound". The Reason->, all my phone use unlimited Talk and text and I don't have a phone to test.) But, if you have a phone on the Free plan, you can call yourself from a landline to test. Once you call yourself, post your result here. I have heard rumors that call don't counts.

Its sounds like Nicolas Freeland is more concern with the data usage. I 100% agree with him, on the data usage. You would think It would also be free, unfortunately, its really hard to whitelist a app from using data without crediting constantly. The Data usage is minimal, unless you do not have a home wifi network. Users normally stay connect to the home network around 70%-80% of the time. If you don't have a home network, Than the Free plan may not be for you(depending on how and when you use your phone). I also created a huge post on data usage, when I figured out the usage on the app. I will go through my notes and see if I can find and post here. I have some pretty good info on the data used on Android, Hotspots and cellular data. Great way to figure out how much data you would need. Me and my family have found that the Free Data, plus Freedom Friends, and gifting each other data is plenty with Unlimited talk and text. We normally have data left over, way over half. But we all have different habits, this is just what works for me and my family. I'll find the info and post it here a little later. :)

Hope all is well,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop