Phone stuck on "Registering for push notifications"

Ryan SuterRyan Suter Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
Hi my phone has never done this before. It is stuck on "Registering for push notifications". I have updates the FreedomPop Messenger. Does anyone know why the phone is doing this?

Comments

• deannetehdeanneteh Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm there also. Am a new user. I have no answers... .only questions. I also have a problem using the in-call keypad; it is NOT the same as the dial keypad and the data (#'s) are not being transmitted. So I updated and now get the blue screen with logo and it says "locating user for device" then, "registering for push notifications". HUh, what do I do?

• awentzell980awentzell980 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got my phone and it won't let me out of something called chameleon. Never heard of it before but I can't get into anything. Keeps talking saying lock button and camera and that's about it. ready to cancel before I start.
  • Linda MullenfeldLinda Mullenfeld Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Chameleon is the sim card I believe.
  • Terry MooreTerry Moore Posts: 80FreedomPop Newbie
    For the "...push notifications loop", try using the native dialer and calling ##72786#
    Then, patiently let your phone go through all the updates and checks. Also, you can post a request to have your account status checked in the Services>>Billing section of this community forum.

Good luck
  • jaevermanjaeverman Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Same issue. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling. Still spinning. Unable to dial ##72786#. Now what?
  • antman1455antman1455 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am in the same boat guys. I have tried all I can think of. I had my son send me his old version cause he didnt update and it didnt keep registering but it gives error status 501 and wont let me send messages but I can make and receive calls until the app closes eventually. Spoke with freedompop person on facebook messenger and he refreshed my account and still same issue. I have an LG Stylo2. I am wondering if there is a conflict with another app? IDK, I wish we didnt have to use the app to make calls. :( I can use the data just fine w/out it and google voice for messages but if I use Hangouts for calls it uses my data so I really need this to work. :( I hope someone finds an answer soon.
  • VanninVannin Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the 'US/Spain' FP Messenger installed. Worked fine until I did a reboot WITH THE APP OPEN and then I get the blue screen and the push registration failure and the infinite loop. I uninstalled this app and then selected the UK version and this has worked fine. Got an account warning during the first 2 days, but this has now gone. Bit unsure in returning the the original MP messenger. However, nothing lost in giving this a try. Might be worth while having a reboot after the uninstall of the dud app?