Cannot deactivate my account and release my phone

rbssnkrbssnk Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I have been trying to deactivate my account for some time to release my phone for use on another service, but have not had any success.

I ported out to a new device a few weeks ago, but for whatever reason my old phone is still active on Freedompop. I can't make any calls, but the data works.

When I try to deactivate on the FP website, it tells me to call in. When I call in from my new phone, it recognizes my number and says my account has been canceled. However, nothing seems to come of this and my phone remains active on FP.

Please help me do whatever is necessary to release my old phone so I can activate it elsewhere.

Thank you.

Comments

• rjVbrgrjVbrg Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    me too - please cancel my account
  • gezageza Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Mine too - please remove my device from my account so I can re-activate it on FreedomPop. Samsung Galaxy S3 bought from freedompop at 2014, see https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/24000/cannot-re-activate-galaxy-s3-bought-from-freedompop-in-2014
  • devindevin Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Alas teh same issue I'm having :(
    I don't know if this helps, but I tried the automated phone support again and this time it did work to close my account. There wasn't actual verification of which account I was closing, but with the luck of the draw It did close the correct one and release my device.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbssnk said:

I have been trying to deactivate my account for some time to release my phone for use on another service, but have not had any success.

I ported out to a new device a few weeks ago, but for whatever reason my old phone is still active on Freedompop. I can't make any calls, but the data works.

When I try to deactivate on the FP website, it tells me to call in. When I call in from my new phone, it recognizes my number and says my account has been canceled. However, nothing seems to come of this and my phone remains active on FP.

Please help me do whatever is necessary to release my old phone so I can activate it elsewhere.

Thank you.

rjVbrg said:

me too - please cancel my account

geza said:

Mine too - please remove my device from my account so I can re-activate it on FreedomPop. Samsung Galaxy S3 bought from freedompop at 2014, see https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/24000/cannot-re-activate-galaxy-s3-bought-from-freedompop-in-2014

devin said:

devin said:

I don't know if this helps, but I tried the automated phone support again and this time it did work to close my account. There wasn't actual verification of which account I was closing, but with the luck of the draw It did close the correct one and release my device.

@rbssnk, @rjVbrg, @geza, @devin,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks for your Patience,
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop