connected to wifi no internet

harry pesatharry pesat Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
i have huawei y538 i bought from freedompop. i connected to free wifi spot away from my home wifi. but no internet access. at home phone works fine. i am on the free plan. how can this be fixed? thanks for any help

Comments

• ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Have you spoken with whoever offered the free wifi service about this? It's a little complicated to explain, but the obvious aside from passwords, there's types of connections (compatibility between your device and the configuration of the hotspot service), and, in many cases, you need to launch a web browser to accept terms (very common at hospitals and businesses that offer free wifi) before actually being able to use the connection to access the internet. The ability to connect should be based entirely on the phone, whether or not it is even activated on any carrier service or has a sim card. I don't know your level of familiarity with this topic, so please forgive me if I said things you already know.
  • harry pesatharry pesat Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    thank you for replying to my sitiuation ramdxen. i was in parking lot of store and that store had the free wifi to connect to.what you said i was not aware of. you said its difficult to explain i would like to give you my email so you can give me more details about this [email protected] as far as this kind of situation I was born yesterday.
  • ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017 #4
    Hey, @harry pesat , I will be emailing you shortly. You may want to edit out your email address of your above post so that no spammers get hold of it. That's up to you, of course. :)

My email address will begin with the word easily .. so you know which one is me.